Contender who applied for JEST Exam may get the JEST Syllabus 2017 -18 PDF its exam pattern and full syllabus details from the information which is given below.
JEST Syllabus 2017-18
Are you filling the JEST Application form 2017??? Preparing for the Joint Entrance Screening Test!!! We have useful information for you. Contenders who have applying for the JEST Exam should start their preparation to get admission in Ph. D/ Integrated Ph. D Program in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology. But for preparation you surely want to know what to learn. So we have a solution of your problem. The team of the projobshub.com provides you the full syllabus of the JEST exam. So if you want to get this syllabus you may go below with this page. Every contender who wants to get admission in above mentioned courses then you must have to clear JEST examination. So for their preparation we provide you the full syllabus topic wise detail with its exam pattern. From JEST Syllabus 2017 -18 you are able to prepare well for the JEST exam.
Exam Pattern of JEST Exam 2017
To get admission for Ph. D in Physics and Theoretical computer science/ Neurosciences you have to appear in the entrance exam. This exam is divided in two sections, first section has 25 questions each of 1 mark and second section has 25 questions of 3 marks each. The total duration of the exam is 180 minutes and total marks are 100. It is objective type exam. This exam is conducted in English language.
|Levels||No. of question||Time|
|1st level||25 questions Each carries one mark||3 hrs|
|2nd level||2nd level consists of 25 questions. Each carries three marks|
JEST Syllabus 2017
JEST Theoretical Computer Science Syllabus
Introduction to Algorithms, Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools, Elements of Discrete Mathematics, Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science, An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications, Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms, Fundamentals of Data Structures, The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms.
JEST Physics Syllabus
- Mathematical Methods: Vector algebra and vector calculus; linear vector spaces, linear operators, matrices and eigenvalue problem; Sturm–Liouville theory, classical orthogonal polynomials; linear ordinary differential equations, exact and series methods of solution; linear partial differential equations, solution by separation of variables; complex variables, analytic functions, Taylor and Laurent expansions, contour integration; Fourier and Laplace transforms.
- Classical Mechanics: Newton’s laws, conservation of energy and momentum, collisions; generalized coordinates, principle of least action, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations of mechanics; symmetry and conservation laws; central force problem, Kepler problem; rigid body motion; small oscillations and normal modes; special relativity in classical mechanics.
- Electromagnetic Theory: Laws of electrostatics and magnetostatics, methods of solving boundary value problems, multipole expansion; fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic materials; Faraday’s law and time varying fields; conservation of charge, displacement current; Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields, Poynting theorem; propagation of plane electromagnetic waves, reflection and refraction of plane electromagnetic waves, electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media; scalar and vector potentials, Coulomb and Lorentz gauge, wave equation in terms of electromagnetic potentials; radiation from moving charges, retarded and advanced potentials, Lienard-Wiechert potentials, multipole radiation, Larmor’s formula.
- Quantum Mechanics: The uncertainty principle; conceptual basis of quantum mechanics; Schrodinger equation, problems in one, two and three dimensions, bound states and tunneling, particle in a box, harmonic oscillator, hydrogen atom; matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations and Hermitean operators and their properties; orbital and spin angular momenta, addition of angular momenta; time independentand time dependent perturbation theory, Fermi golden rule; elementary scattering theory.
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics: Laws of thermodynamics; work and heat; thermodynamic potentials, Maxwell’s relations; statistical ensembles; partition function; classical ideal gas, harmonic oscillators; classical and quantum statistics; Fermi and Bose gases; black body radiation; first and second order phase transitions.
- Solid State Physics: Simple crystal structures and X-ray diffraction; lattice vibrations and thermal properties of solids; free electron theory; band theory of solids; metals, semiconductors and insulators; basic electrical, optical and magnetic properties of solids; elements of superconductivity.
- Electronics: Diodes, rectifier circuits, junctions, transistors and field effect devices; device characteristics, frequency dependence and applications like active filters and oscillator circuits; solar cells, photo detectors, and LEDs; operational amplifiers and their applications; Boolean algebra, digital techniques and applications: registers, counters, comparators and similar circuits; A/D and D/A converters; microprocessor and microcontroller basics.
- Nuclear and Particle Physics: Structure of the nucleus; binding energy, nuclear fusion and fission; radioactive decay, barrier penetration by alpha particles; classification of elementary particles and fundamental interactions, leptons and hadrons, elementary ideas of quark model; conservation laws in particle reactions.
- Atomic and Optical Physics: Interference, diffraction and polarization of light; photoelectric effect; spectra of single and multiple electron atoms; Zeeman and Stark effects; electric dipole transition and selection rules; hyperfine structure; spontaneous and stimulated emission.
- Experimental data and error analysis: Probability theory; Gaussian and Poisson distributions; error analysis; propagation of errors; significant figures; least square fitting.
|JEST official website||Click Here|
|Download JEST syllabus 2017-18 PDF||Click Here|