West Bengal Civil Service syllabus 2017 is available on this webpage for preliminary, main exam with Exam Pattern. Candidates Download Syllabus from Here.
West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus 2017
Are you searching the West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus 2017? You are at the right place now. From this page you can get the full syllabus of West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus 2017. Contenders who applied for the West Bengal Civil Service recruitment should start their preparation. For their help we provide you the entire syllabus of West Bengal Civil Service exam. So if you want to get this exam and its pattern you have to go through this page which is well prepared by the team of projobshub.com
West Bengal Civil Service 2017 Recruitment
Exam pattern of West Bengal Civil Service exam 2017
Candidates Read Helpful Article About How to Reduce Exam Stress. There are mainly conduct two type of written examination. First exam is preliminary exam. Those contenders who qualify this exam will call for the main exam. Its patterns are given below.
Prelims Examination Details: This exam will be taken only of one subject i.e. General Studies. Its no. of questions is 200 and each question contains 1 marks. It total duration is 150 minutes.
Mains Examination Details: This exam has two papers of optional subject. Every paper conducts 200 marks its duration is 3 hours. Out of 6 compulsory papers four papers are General Studies- I, General Studies- II, The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India and Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning. Remaining two compulsory papers Paper – I and II will be of conventional type written examination. Candidates read How to Prepare For English & Mathematics & GK& Latest Current Affairs for preparing your examination.
Personality Test details
- Group A & B: 200 Marks
- Group C: 150 Marks
- Group D: 100 Marks
Topic wise West Bengal Civil Service Syllabus 2017
Exam syllabus of preliminary exam
- English Composition: Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Vocabulary test, Phrasal Verbs, the same words bearing more than one meaning, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
- General Science: General Appreciation & understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation & experience.
- History of India: Under this will be asked questions for General understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal: Physical, Social and Economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian Agricultural and Natural Resources with special reference to West Bengal.
- Indian Polity and Economy: Knowledge of the country‘s Political System, Panchayatee Raj, Community Development and Planning in India, Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century Resurgence, Growth of Nationalism and Attainment of Independence.
- General Mental Ability: Logical perception, understanding and natural conclusion.
Main exam syllabus: Compulsory Papers
- Paper I: Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from English to Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/ Santali.
- Paper II: English – Letter writing (within 150 words) / Drafting of Report (within 200 words), Précis Writing, Composition and Translation from Bengali/Hindi/Urdu/Nepali/Santali to English.
- Paper III: General Studies-I: Indian History with special emphasis on National Movement and Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Paper IV: General Studies-II: Science and Scientific & Technological advancement, Environment, General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Paper V: The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India.
- Paper VI: Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning.
- Candidates who qualify for the Main Examination (Written / Objective) will be called to participate at a Personality Test. It will be conducted to assess the candidate‘s personal qualities e.g. intellectual and moral integrity, alertness of mind, power of clear and logical exposition leadership and also the candidate‘s range of interests.
Some Important Links
|Download Syllabus||Click Here|
|Download Notification||Click Here|
|Download Important Notice||Click Here|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official website||Click Here|