New Delhi World Book Fair 2018
New Delhi World Book Fair 2018 Introduction
- The 26th World Book Fair began in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, and will continue until January 14, 2018.
- A book fair is an event that demonstrates the participation of lakhs of visitors and book lovers who come to the world.
- The book takes place every year. The book fair is not only the ideal place to discover new books and authors, it is also a place where many discussions and forums are organized on hot topics of intellectual interest.
- The entrance to the book fair is free for school children who come to the event with their school uniform and identification cards. The registration fee, otherwise, is Rs.30 for adults and Rs. 20 for children from 5 to 12 years old.
Important details about the event
- Date: Starting from January 6 and ending on January 14
- Location: Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- Theme: Environment and Climate Change
- The hour of the show is from 11am to 8pm. Tickets for children will be Rs 20 and Rs 30 for adults. Tickets can also be found online and are also available at more than 50 subway stations. The entrance to the World Book Fair will be from Pragati Maidan Gate No. 1, Gate 8 and Gate 10. In pavilion no. ° 7, there will be minibuses available for the fair.
- Children’s books will be the highlight of this edition of the show that will include activities such as monsters and comics workshops led by editors, editors and authors from 25 countries of the European Union, in the Children’s Pavilion.
- The Children Pavilion event will present an international exhibition on the rights of almost 500 titles published in English, Hindi and other Indian languages
- In the author’s corner, visitors can interact with famous writers such as Ruskin Bond, Jerry Pinto, Michael Creighton, Anand Paro, Mridula Garg and Ranjit Lal, among others.
- In addition to the EU nations, more than 40 countries, including Belgium, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, Pakistan and the United Kingdom, will participate in the book fair.
Why Students Should Visit Book Fair?
For visitors: visitors will have the opportunity to review some of the most important titles offered by Pearson that cover a wide range of topics and areas, including children’s books, exam preparation, higher education
Encounters and conversations of authors: Book fairs always have a cast of writers who attend the launch of their books or have conversations. Such conversations and meetings of authors are a good ground for intellectual exchange.
Good book offers: many stalls at the book fair offer books at ridiculous prices. These opportunities are a great help for students who only have money to work. Many stalls offer up to 5 pounds at the price of a skinny Rs. 100
Stationery fair: book fairs never lack stalls that sell interesting and useful stationery items. If it is not for stationery, choose cool and attractive bookmarks that are sold at ridiculous prices