Contenders who are preparing for the STET Exam can get the full Preparation Material such as STET syllabus 2018 Exam Pattern and Previous Paper Exams from below.
STET Syllabus 2018
STET syllabus & exam pattern 2018 and previous year exams are available here!!! Contenders who are applied for the STET exam 2018 can get the full syllabus and exam pattern with previous year exam from this page. This preparation material is very beneficial for you. Through these materials you will able to get full information about exam type, exam marks exam criteria etc. if you want to get all the preparation material then you have to scroll down this page. Get all the preparation material and start your practice for the STET 2018 Notification Exam.
Exam Pattern of STET Exam 2018
Exam Pattern for Paper 1
|SUBJECTS||TOTAL QUESTIONS||TOTA MARKS|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Language I (Hindi)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Language II (English)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||30 Marks and|
|Environmental Studies||30 Questions||30 Marks|
Exam Pattern for Paper II
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Language I (English)||(30 Questions)||30 Marks|
|Language II (Hindi/ Sanskrit/ Punjabi/ Urdu)||30 Questions||30 Marks|
|Mathematics and Science Teachers||60 Questions||60 Marks|
|Social Studies/ Social Science Teachers||60 Questions||60 Marks|
|Hindi/ English/ Sanskrit/ Punjabi/ Urdu Teachers||60 Questions||60 Marks and|
|Home Science/ Physical Education Teacher||60 Questions||60 Marks|
Topic wise STET Syllabus 2018
Paper I (for classes I to V) Primary Stage
- Child Development and Pedagogy – a) Child Development (Primary School Child): Concept of development and its relationship with learning, Principles of the development of children, Influence of Heredity & Environment, Socialization processes: Social world & children (Teacher, Parents, Peers), Piaget, Kohlberg and Vygotsky: constructs and critical perspectives, Concepts of child-centered and progressive education, Critical perspective of the construct of Intelligence, Multi Dimensional Intelligence Language & Thought, Gender as a social construct; gender roles, gender-bias and educational practice, Individual differences among learners, understanding differences based on diversity of language, caste, gender, community, religion etc., Distinction between Assessment for learning and assessment of learning; School-Based Assessment, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation: perspective and practice, Formulating appropriate questions for assessing readiness levels of learners; for enhancing learning and critical thinking in the classroom and for assessing learner achievement.
- b) Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs: Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived, Addressing the needs of children with learning difficulties, ‘impairment’ etc., Addressing the Talented, Creative, Specially abled Learners
- c) Learning and Pedagogy: How children think and learn; how and why children ‘fail’ to achieve success in school performance, Basic processes of teaching and learning; children’s strategies of learning; learning as a social activity; social context of learning, Child as a problem solver and a ‘scientific investigator, Alternative conceptions of learning in children, understanding children’s ‘errors’ as significant steps in the learning process, Cognition & Emotions, Motivation and learning, Factors contributing to learning – personal & environmental.
- Language I. a) Language Comprehension Reading unseen passages – two passages one prose or drama and one poem with questions on comprehension, inference, grammar and verbal ability (Prose passage may be literary, scientific, narrative or discursive)
b)Pedagogy of Language Development: Learning and acquisition, Principles of language Teaching, Role of listening and speaking; function of language and how children use it as a tool, Critical perspective on the role of grammar in learning a language for communicating ideas verbally and in written form, Challenges of teaching language in a diverse classroom; language difficulties, errors and disorders, Language Skills, Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writing, Teaching- learning materials: Textbook, multi media materials, multilingual resource of the classroom, Remedial Teaching
III-Language – II a) Comprehension Two unseen prose passages (discursive or literary or narrative or scientific) with question on comprehension, grammar and verbal ability
- b) Pedagogy of Language Development: Learning and acquisition, Principles of language Teaching, Role of listening and speaking; function of language and how children use it as a tool, Critical perspective on the role of grammar in learning a language for communicating ideas verbally and in written form;, Challenges of teaching language in a diverse classroom; language difficulties, errors and disorders, Language Skills, Evaluating language comprehension and proficiency: speaking, listening, reading and writing, Teaching – learning materials: Textbook, multi-media materials, multilingual resource of the classroom, Remedial Teaching.
IV-Mathematics -Content: Geometry, Shapes & Spatial Understanding, Solids around Us, Numbers, Addition and Subtraction etc.
- b) Pedagogical issues: Nature of Mathematics/Logical thinking; understanding children’s thinking and reasoning patterns and strategies of making meaning, and learning, Place of Mathematics in Curriculum, Language of Mathematics, Community Mathematics, Evaluation through formal and informal methods, Problems of Teaching
- Environmental Studies: Content. Family and Friends: 1.1 Relationships1.2 Work and Play1.3 Animals1.4 Plants II. Food III, Shelter IV, Water V. Travel
- Things We Make and Do: b) Pedagogical Issues, Concept and scope of EVS, Significance of EVS, integrated EVS, Environmental Studies & Environmental Education, Learning Principles, Scope & relation to Science & Social Science, Approaches of presenting concepts, Activities, Experimentation/Practical Work, Discussion, CCE, Teaching material/Aids Problems
Paper II (for classes VI to VIII) Elementary Stage:
- Child Development and Pedagogy: Child Development (Elementary School Child), Concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs, Learning and Pedagogy. Candidates Read Helpful Article About How to Reduce Exam Stress.
- Language: I a) Language Comprehension) Pedagogy of Language Development
III. Language – II: Comprehension, Pedagogy of Language Development
- Mathematics and Science: Mathematics, Science
- Social Studies/Social Sciences – a) Content: History II, Geography III, Social and Political Life) Pedagogical issues. Candidates read How to Prepare For English & Mathematics & GK& Latest Current Affairs for preparing your examination.
Important Links for STET 2018
|STET Sikkim 2018 Online Form||Click Here|